Grants approved by Four Winds Foundation Ltd must comply with and satisfy the Department of Internal Affairs
Funds available for distribution will be applied to:
- Any amateur sports teams or clubs which are open to the general public and which are affiliated to a recognised or national body and which compete in recognised leagues.
- The promoting, controlling or conducting of race meetings under the Racing Act 2003 including the payment of stakes.
Any charitable, philanthropic or cultural purpose or any purpose that is beneficial to the community or a section of it. All the above includes but is not limited to:
- The provision or assistance in the provision and maintenance of facilities, equipment, services, playing uniforms for sporting clubs and amateur sporting teams affiliated to the appropriate regional or national body and playing in recognised, published leagues or competitions
- Grants for charitable purposes including the relief of poverty, or welfare assistance through donations to recognised social service or welfare agencies
- Grants to educational , cultural and sporting organisations for scholarships or equipment that is administered by the recipient educational organisation
- Grants to recognised cultural or philanthropic activities or groups.
This list is not exhaustive. It indicates additional information that might be required to assess grant applications fully.
With the exception of grants to national societies or agencies, funds are mainly distributed within the local community in which they are raised. No payment, commission or any other kind of reward, financial or otherwise, can be attached or demanded as a precondition for
either the issuing of a grant application form or the payment of a grant.
Authorised purposes must benefit the community and not result in commercial or personal gain.